4 G Selling - How to Use and Leverage Social Media Marketing for Sales Success
In a study conducted by SocialMediaToday, 28% of the US adult population credited social media sites as a reliable source of information for their buying decisions. The same study reported that 70% of the businessmen planned to initiate new social media campaigns to boost their sales in 2010. Another set of mindboggling social media statistics as revealed by Econsultancy says that:
- Facebook has above 400 million users, 75% of whom remain active each day.
- An average user on Facebook has 130 online friends.
- More than 0.7 million local businesses have their profile on Facebook.
- Twitter has around 75 million user accounts and one third of them are active on a regular basis.
- 1.3 million tweets are put up per hour on Twitter.
- There are approximately 50 million accounts on Linkedln on a global basis.
- Nearly 38% of the people post online product reviews regularly.
Tips for Leveraging Social Media
This is a fast paced world and you cannot afford to lag behind. Therefore, it is crucial to capitalize on social media to help you in your viral business campaign. Follow these tips to achieve this objective:
- Find out which social site is useful for your business needs. For example, Facebook is useful for Business to Retail (B2R) and Linkedln for Business to Business (B2B).
- Add new potential customers to your accounts on these sites.
- Update your tweets regularly with links to the articles and blogs for your business.
- Monitor your traffic and rankings each day. For this, you can download free online toolbars.
How to Begin Your Marketing Plan
If you aim at developing a relationship with people in your target market, you have to build a careful marketing strategy. Ask the following questions to yourself, the answers of which can be really helpful for you to develop a plan:
- Who is your target market (age group, gender, profession)?
- Where to find them (Facebook, Linkedln, Boomer)?
- What type of products and services do they like?
- What benefits are you offering them (your unique selling point)?
- What keywords do they use to search for the kind of services you offer?
The right social media marketing service provider is vital when it comes to helping your business grow in this tech savvy world. Operational for more than 25 years, the Sales Coaching Institute offers you time-tested and extremely effective marketing services. For more information about the company, visit www.salescoach.us.
Know more about the innovative and inventive world of Social Media and the wonders it can do to your business. Download an entire chapter of Sales 3.0 - The New Contact Sport How To Use And Leverage Social Media Marketing For Small Business Sales Success by Doug Dvorak - CEO Digital Marketing Group & Milind Mody - CEO eBrandz.
About the Author:
I am actively involved in social media marketing and also write for the same. The book - "Sales 3.0 - The New Contact Sport How To Use And Leverage Social Media Marketing For Small Business Sales Success" has helped me get a detailed insight about the growing need of social media in today's net-savvy world. This book is a must-read for people who want to win business and build concrete network through social media.
Doug Dvorak helps companies and professionals achieve results through customized, creative and non-traditional sales training systems that are "one size fits one" and developed to the unique business needs and "sales pain points" of each client. He is available to speak on these topics.
For more information visit http://www.salescoach.us or call 847-359-6969
Permission is granted to reprint this article in print or on your web site as long as the paragraph above is included and contact information is provided.
Copyright 2010 The Sales Coaching Institute, Inc.